Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Monday, March 19, 2012

Ride by the Lake and Other News

Peyton wanted to ride his bike behind St. Dominic School.  I was in the mood for something a little more exciting, so I suggest going by the Lake!!   Nanny was on the phone with me at the time we were discussing our little trip and 20 minutes later after we hung up, Nanny decided she wanted to go.  :)  This was Peyton's first time actually riding his bike there.  The last time we rode there he was in his bike trailer, so you can imagine how excited and proud he was that his big boy self gets to ride along with us instead of being pulled around.  **And yes I was riding and taking pictures with my point and shoot!  Ha!
After riding for a while, Kevin spotted the playground and suggested we stop since Peyton mentioned earlier that he wanted to play there.  After stopping Peyton decided that he didn't want to play and then decided he did want to play, then 5 minutes later saying he didn't want to play and that he was hungry and wanted to keep riding his bike.  That boy!  :)  So we rode back to the car to grab his snacks.
So we grabbed his Goldfish snack and went by the lake to finish our drinks.  Of course here comes the Sea Gulls!  I am never not amazed at how accurate those little suckers can catch.  I tried to capture it on my little  camera and succeeded but it is a little blurry.  There is so much a point and shoot can do, but I like the picture anyway.  Now I want to take my good camera out there one day and see if I can catch a similar shot.  :) 
After snacks we got back to bike riding.  At one point I noticed that Peyton kept raising his fist in the air.  At first, I thought he was waving at people.  But then I realized that he wasn't doing that so I was a little confused as to what he was doing.  Kevin told me that the characters in his racing games raise their fist out of the windows as they race.  My son was using his little imagination and was pretending he was racing his bike.  It was quite funny!  
Soon the sun started to go down and it was time to pack up our bikes.  Peyton kept saying that he was hungry so we stopped over by Landry's by the Lake and had a nice dinner outside as the sun set!
By the end of dinner, Peyton was beyond exhausted.   He wasn't in his car seat 5 minutes before he passed out!  :)  Oh well, I guess he will get his bath tomorrow.  
What a wonderful afternoon!  We had so much fun today, we all decided that for Kevin's birthday next weekend, we are going to get out there early, grab a shelter and enjoy the day BBQing and bike riding.  That should be so much fun!!  

Now for the news.   Kevin has been asked to go to Cocoa Beach for a year (maybe less) to work.  And of course Kevin wants Peyton and I to join him.  We are not selling the house but will have someone stay there while we are gone.   So we will be getting an apartment in Cocoa Beach and travel home every month or ever other month.  I am a little nervous about moving out there for a number of reasons.  First I won't know anyone! God has blessed me with such wonderful friends that I have made just in the last TWO YEARS, is is hard for me to think that Peyton and I won't be seeing them and their families as much as we do now.   We will miss them so, so much!  Second, my sister is getting married this year and I am the Matron of Honor.  I know I will make flight arrangements back for each and every event leading up to her wedding, but I wanted to be fully involved and being away will make that impossible.  I will miss her AND miss out so, so much!  

Now the positive about us moving.  First, Peyton will be not going to school.  I know this is not a good reason, but at this point he.hates.school!!  He dreads it!  And I dread the days that I have to break it to  him it is school day.  It makes me wonder why I am torturing him so.  He doesn't NEED to be in school right now.  So if he does not need to be, why am I making him?  I know school is very, very important.  But technically he doesn't have to start Kindergarten until he is 5 1/2.  So, why am I forcing school on my four year old when he obviously is not mentally ready for it?  Second, we will be on the beach for the whole summer!  I always wanted to know how it feels to live so close to a beach and I guess now is my chance.  Peyton and I can do a lot of beach time which I think will be awesome.  I don't know at what point I will become lonely for girl talk.  I can only hope I will make some friends out there. But......on the flip side, I can invite my family and friends to come stay with us, if that is possible for them, and maybe go to Disney World or go beaching.  That would be awesome.  Third, the extra pay will be awesome!! 

So my feelings about this move is conflicting, but I know it is best for our family to do this and I am more than willing.  Peyton and I will do just fine.  And I am so thankful for Facebook.  It is a wonderful way for me to keep up with my family and friends, but it will not be the same as being with them in person.  But like Kevin said, people will barely know that we are gone because we will be back so much.  I can only hope but in a way I am looking forward to the experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment