Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Wednesday, March 7, 2012

An Exciting 24 Hours


First stop:  "Old McDonalds".  Even though he knows that it is called just McDonalds, I love that he still calls it Old McDonalds.  I chuckle every time I hear him call it that.  As we were standing in line for his Happy Meal, he was checking out the display of Star War toys, wondering which one he was going to get.  And when he does opened his toy, what does he get?  A Hotwheels car. "Look what I got Mommy!!!!" "Oh" I said.  "Well, I know you were expecting something Star Wars, but which would you prefer, Star Wars or a Hotwheels car?"    "A Hotwheels Car Mommy!!"  he answers with a look of Duh Mommy on his face.  I should have known.  I swear that it seems like Hotwheels is stalking my son.  He always end up with one, whether it is a parade, a happy meal, an old fellow walking by who just thinks he is too cute.............
Next stop was to get his hair cut.   His hair was so long!  And I swear it grows like a weed.  There was some resistance during the week to get it cut.  He kept saying no and that he was scared.  We really do not know where this came from because he always loved getting his hair cut.  This little insecurity issue he is dealing with at this time in his life is affecting all aspects of our routine, even something as simple as getting a hair cut.  But when McDonalds was asked for, I thought it was a great opportunity to use this as a bribery tool!  :)  And it worked except I said hair cut first, then McDonalds, but he talked me into McDonalds first then haircut.  
So after his haircut, I surprised him by telling him that we were on our way to pick up Logan to spend the night with us!  Peyton was so excited!!  Can you tell??
So the night was so much fun for the boys filled with 4 hours of non-stop play and ending the evening with Ice Cream and The Lion King!  And surprisingly and thankfully both boys were asleep by 9:30!   Then at 3:30 in the morning I wake up to giggling and talking. I sat up and noticed that Kevin had already beat me upstairs.  I went upstairs just as the boys finished their potty time and quickly got them back in bed.  Luckily for me, they fell right back to sleep.  3:30 was just a bit too early for me to begin my day!  :)  When we all woke up, I surprised the boys with a special morning treat!  Can you say yummy??!!  The boys sure did. 
So after that messy breakfast (and since they didn't bath last night), I ran a warm, very bubbly bubble bath. The bath itself kept the boys occupied for a good solid hour!  L.o.v.e bubble baths!
After bath time, it was time to dry off, get dressed and head down to the Vineyard Church playground to meet up with Becca, Erin and other moms to do a kids activity swap while the kids played! I love all of the activities that the moms put together and the kids l.o.v.e.d the playground.  Peyton never been on a playground merry go round before.  Not too many playgrounds have them, but this one did plus other new playground activities.  Such a great playground.  
Whew!  Peyton and I had a very busy, fun 24 hours.  Love seeing my little guy have a great time.  It is what makes my world go around!  

No comments:

Post a Comment