Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Saturday, March 31, 2012

An Eye Opening Dream


Every time I see a baby, I reminisce the time when Peyton was that young.  Oh how I miss those days and they were there and gone so fast and now I am watching him become a very handsome, smart little boy. 

Last night I had the weirdest dream that I was once again looking at a baby (don't know who's baby) saying (and don't know to who) that I wish Peyton was that young again.  And that person granted my wish and poof, Peyton was a baby.  I remember in my dream I grabbed Peyton and started hugging him and loved holding him as a baby, but then after holding my baby for a while, I started longing for my big boy back.  I was missing something and what I was missing was my boy's beautiful personality.   I no longer wanted him to be a baby but a big boy again. I actually started to grieve.  Then...I woke up.  

So I guess my dream made me realize that I should appreciate what I have because even though I loved Peyton as a baby and had so much fun with him, it doesn't compare to how much fun I am having now with his bubbly, sweet, loving, funny, happy personality.   I love his quirky comments, his giggles to actually something he finds really, really funny and our conversations about life (like the other day when he asked where poopy comes from).    I love, love, love this stage of life with my boy and I wouldn't trade that for anything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment