Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Saturday, October 1, 2011

Getting Ready to Go

Today was a busy day and tomorrow will be even busier.  We drove to Destrehan so that we could drop off extra stuff to Mimi and Pawpaw for them to haul to Mississippi in their camper when they leave for tomorrow (they are leaving a day earlier).  As we were discussing our plans, Kevin and Peyton spotted a little alligator in the canal out back.  So Mimi went inside for some bread so that Peyton can watch him eat.  The alligator was a little thing, maybe 3 or 4 feet long.  At first the alligator wanted nothing to do with the bread.  After all, Pawpaw threw something much tastier (squirrel skin, poor little squirrels) out to him the day before.  But after a while he gave in and started to eat the bread.......then decided that really bread is not what he wanted. So Mimi went back inside and got some chicken skin for him instead.  Well that caught the little alligator's attention.  :)  He is cute, but it's really ashame because once that little alligator becomes a big alligator, the city will take extreme measures to get him out.    Most  of the time the alligators tend to find their way back to the swamp across Airline.  But some decide to stay, and become really big AND become a really big danger to the neighborhood.  (Pawpaw almost got attacked by a 8 footer a couple of years ago and it had to be shot). So I hope the little alligator finds his way home where he belongs and safe. 

After our visit with Mimi and Pawpaw, we headed back to the bike shop to pick up my bike from it's tune up.  Peyton loved seeing all the bikes and kept saying that he wanted a pink one that was a bigger bike than what he has!  HA!  I told him that maybe Santa will give him a bike for Christmas.....but it won't be pink!  :)   I kept looking the Cruiser bikes.  I so love them and may have to invest in one one day.  I asked Peyton what color would he pick for Mommy and he said the purple one!  Ha!  Even though Kevin thinks that anyone riding those bikes looks "dorky", I am still wanting one really bad.  Maybe one day I can talk him into it!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Yikes!!!! Even a little alligator would scare the crap out of me!
    Connie, glad you are doing good! Miss ya!
    I got your email... I did an update on my blog. I've been meaning to since I got your email - I apologize.

    Your boy is so big..! Just like my SOFIA! He's precious. God bless you and your family. *xoxo*

    ReplyDelete