Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Friday, October 7, 2011

Camping Day 5

Ever since I was little, I always hated "the last day".  I remember when we use to leave from our yearly visit of my Granny, I use to cry.   And even though I got over the crying part (thank goodness), I still get that famililar feeling of sadness when it is time to go back to the reality of things.  Always in the end I am happy to be home in my own bed.  But this morning, I was feeling that feeling of sadness that our adventure is almost over.  

This morning after I finished packing everything, Peyton and I sat by the river and threw rocks in the water.  This is the time of the day when all animals are out looking for their morning meal.  Today I spotted a huge hawk.  He had something in his claws, but I couldn't tell what it was.  He kept flying to different spots with it.  From a glance it looked to me like he had a fish.  He finally settled in a tree pretty close to where we were to finish his meal.  Close enough for me to get some shots of him with my camera.  So I ran inside to get it.   But of course he was finish with his breakfast before I had a chance to see exactly what he had.  He even let me get close enough to the tree he was in to get some good shots of him.  He kept watching me though ready to fly away if I got too close OR come after me with those big claws....who knows!  Ha!  What a magnificient bird!  I love experiencing nature with Peyton!  :)

So after Kevin packed everything in the car, we turned in our cabin key and went over to Mimi and Pawpaw's camper to hang out until their 2:00 checkout.   Pawpaw was feeling a lot better today and I caught him burning all the wood I collected before he got sick.  We didn't have a chance to make a fire because it's not permitted to burn wood anywhere around the cabins, only campgrounds and we had to leave the campground to give Pawpaw some peace and quiet.  Oh well!!  :)    We ended up playing some more horseshoes and crocket until it was time for Mimi and Pawpaw to pack up and head out.   So other than Pawpaw being sick, this trip was really nice.  As we were heading out Peyton says "Goodbye Mississippi."  then fell asleep.  Camping is exhausting!!  Ha!  I am looking forward to next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment