Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Thursday, September 22, 2011

Peyton's Very First REAL Bike

Okay, so Peyton started using the peddles on his tricycle just a couple of months ago.  This boy always felt that using his feet got him where he needed to go much faster.  So we held off buying a "real" bike because of him doing that.  Now that he is actually using his feet in the right way, I was considering buying Peyton a nice bike for Christmas.  Peyton's Grammy called me one morning excited that she found a nice, barely used Huffy bike for only $5.00 at an estate sale and wanted to know if I wanted it.  I said sure, get it.  However, when I first looked at it, it was a much smaller bike than what I was planning on getting.  Peyton has been growing like a weed and I knew by just looking at it that he would outgrow the bike in six months.   AND we didn't know whether we should give it to him now since he was going to get a new bike for Christmas.  So Grammy kept the bike.  But Grammy came over today and after some talking (and finding out that after two weeks she still had the bike in her truck) we decided to go ahead and give Peyton the bike since we are going camping in two weeks and Peyton could really use it.  When we pulled the bike out of Grammy trunk, the look on Peyton's face was priceless!!!!   He was so excited.  I was planning for Daddy to put on the training wheels but Peyton (after minutes of begging) talked me into doing it.  And I did with no problem.....but I couldn't find anything to pump up the tires with, so Peyton (after a lot of explaining) had to wait for Daddy to come home to do that little task.  Peyton almost patiently waited (ha!) but as soon as Daddy walked into the door, Peyton begged (again) for the tires to be fixed.  I decided to go ahead and eat while Daddy was doing that because I just KNEW that Peyton wouldn't wait any longer to go out front to ride his bike.   He was so excited!  Did I mention that?  Peyton is getting so big on me and it breaks my heart.  I am missing  the baby in him but........I am so loving the big boy stage!   :) So anyway, around and around.....and around we traveled the neighborhood until Daddy saved me!  Then Daddy took him around and around.  My big boy got really fast on the bike and I think that I may have to drag my bike out to keep up for now on!   He rode that bike for four, yes four hours straight.  We had to talk him to going to bed.  After agreeing (finally), he tells his Daddy that he will sleep for a little while then he wanted to ride his bike again in the dark.  This kid is so funny!!!!!   :)  Thanks Grammy for the wonderful gift!  Peyton L.O.V.E.S. it!!!  Here are some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment