Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Friday, September 2, 2011

Peyton Visits His School

So today was 'School Visitation Day'!  Kevin, Peyton and I had a chance to meet some of the other parents and kids, see the classroom, discuss daily routines and discipline, discuss what is expected from the kids as well as from the parents and most of all, for Peyton to meet his teachers, Ms. Deborah and Ms. Donna.  The last couple of weeks discussing school with Peyton usually ends up with tears in his eyes saying he didn't want to go to school and he wanted to stay home.  So I was a little nervous about how upset he was going to be with visiting the teacher.  So I told Peyton that we bought classroom cookies  for Ms. Deborah and asked if he wanted to go with Mommy and Daddy to drop them off.  He excitedly said yes.  I was hopeful!  :)  So we started our walk to the school this morning (cookies in hand) and went right into the classroom with no problems.  Peyton immediately checked out the trucks and cars in the classroom!  Of course!!  :)  From what I see, the program for this school year is pretty awesome and I think Peyton will really enjoy it.  I also really like Ms. Deborah.  She comes across to me as a very sweet, patient teacher, but also a no-nonsense teacher.  I know Peyton will love her!  Now, we will see how next Thursday go when we start school for real! 

No comments:

Post a Comment