Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Thursday, September 8, 2011

1st School Day

Well, my baby started school today.  I was so nervous last night.  I didn't know how today was going to pan out.  But how I pictured this day beginning was totally different than how it actually happened.  I pictured tears and grabbing on my leg as I was trying to leave.  But nope, it didn't happen that way.  Peyton woke up in a great mood.  I explained again to him (as I did all week) that Mommy had an appointment to go to and he was going to play with Ms. Deborah and the other kids and when I was finished I would pick him up.  His response was "okay."  Then when it was time to leave, he said "Let me park my cars."  He parked his little cars and stood up and followed me out the door.  As we were walking to school, I went over again about what was going to happen thinking that the closer we got to the school the more of a chance he would start to freak out a little.  But no, he was smiling and talking the whole way.  We walked into the school, he waved to his teacher and then started into his classroom looking for toys.  I had to remind him to kiss me goodbye.  He kissed me goodbye and off he went.  Just like that!  He sure did made it easy for me this morning.  I almost skipped out the school!!   When it was time to pick him up he happily said "Mommy!!!" and ran to me and hugged my leg.  I was so happy to see my little guy and missed him so much (even though he was only gone for three hours).  :) He showed me the pictures he colored and told me about everything he did today, including having Goldfish and Lemonade for snack.  We asked him if he made any friends and he said he made friends with a boy and a girl.  We wanted to know their names and he said "Chi Chi and Carter".  Sounds like a cheesy TV show!  Well there are no kids in his class by those names, but I am sure he will get it right one day!  Ha!  I am so glad that we had a successful first day of school.  Hopefully next week will be the same.  Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment