Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our Valentine's Day - Part 3

When Kevin came home we had my favorite dish, Oyster Brie Soup.  This dish is such a comfort food.  If it wasn't so darn expensive to make (and so high in calories), I would make it all the time.  But it is nice to save it for special occasions such as today.   But boy, was it was yummy!  After dinner, Kevin wanted to go bowling as a family.  I had plans to stay in but decided that bowling sounded fun  and it would be fun to bowl with Peyton for the first time.  Peyton, on the other hand, had a different idea.  My son, being my son, does not walk into a new situation with bells on his toes.  If he hasn't tried it before, he's not game.  This attitude, way of thinking, fear, or whatever it is like a doubled edged sword.  At least I know that maybe, just maybe he will think before doing something stupid, but at the same time, it is a pain in the arse to get him to try new things without a fight.  I mean, what's so scary about bowling?  Well, for some reason Peyton thought it was scary.  And he put up a fight with tears, tantrums....the whole works to get us to stay home.  I was more determined than ever to go for two reasons.  First, if we gave in and stayed home, he would think that there was really something to fear and 2) well, I wasn't about to let him dictate in anyway the decisions of what we do as a family.   So off we went.  When we got there Peyton was mad.  He wanted nothing to do with bowling and sat across the room away from us.  I finally talked him into sitting next to us with a promise that we would not make him bowl.  But I could see, even though he did not think I could, that he was itching to play.  Eventually, he couldn't take it any longer and wanted his turn!  :)  And he had a blast! 

See Peyton, my love, Mommy would never let anything bad happen to you.  It's always great to try new things.  I admire that you have to think and observe and think some more before you participate in anything, but as long as you understand that it is okay to take a chance with something new once in a while.  As long as it is safe and reasonable.  You never know, you just might like it!

After bowling, we headed home to exchange our cards, candy and Peyton's gifts.  Our Valentine's Day was different with bowling but I have to say that I really enjoyed our family time together tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment