Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Monday, February 16, 2009

It all started with a Psychic named Ruth


I was never the one who reads the horoscope (I only laugh at them) or superstitious (why waste salt?). I was always that person who felt what goes around comes around and destiny can be our friend or enemy. But considering what I always believed in all my life, there is one incident that has always stayed with me. I always thought about it and still do. When I was about 24 y.o. a group of friends and I went to see a Psychic who had a small place in the Quarter. When first approached about this I was pretty pissed off with my friends for wanting to see a Psychic that would cost me $45 to tell me some BS. So I said no and count me out. But after some pleading I agreed. Now this Psychic in the Quarter was not one of those that sit outside along the streets of New Orleans with their folding table, chairs and umbrella. This Psychic "Ruth" had her very own little place. I remember like it was yesterday her walking in the room with the smell of incents, her heavily applied makeup and the clanking of her costume. Upon seeing this, I sat there thinking what a waste of time this was when we could be out partying. :) ......remember I was only 24. I agreed to go last........ just hoping that I could get out of it, but of course peer pressure is a tough thing to handle at times.
So when my time came, I reluctantly sat down and she took my palm, looked it over, babbled something about my lifeline and proceeded with the taret cards. So this is what she told me.... first that I was with a man, but he was not the one I would marry for I will not marry until much later in life. Pssst, I thought, I am not going to wait until I am old like 30 to get married. (I thought 30 was old!!??). She told me that I will be in and out of relationships for many years to come. Uhh, check and check on that one and uhh I didn't get married until I was 35! WTH! Could she really have seen my destiny? Then she tells me that I will become a mother of two boys. Well, I have my first boy already.
So, what's the point to this story?
Kevin and I are talking about when we should try for our next baby. While I was in Children's Orchid today I was looking at the sooooooo adorable girlie clothes and got kind of bummed that I will not have a girl to dress up. Can you believe that I actually got bummed? Then I had to catch myself and REMIND myself that I really don't know what the next one is going to be...I am not even pregnant yet! But what Ruth told me so many years ago is etched in my head and seems to have held true so far. WEIRD! Personally, I don't care. As long as he or she is healthy, I will be so thrilled. But, I am already prepared to have a brother for Peyton. I just KNOW I will be a mother of two boys. And I still think about this Psychic's prediction of my life. Am I crazy for believing such things? Or was this all just a coincidence? Funny, even when the technician asked me with Peyton if I wanted to know the sex, we said sure, but I already knew! My Psychic told me so many years ago what I was having. I even told everybody in my family that I was having a boy. So I think to myself, do I really believe in Psychics? I thought I didn't and then I think maybe I should. Kevin laughs at me and told me that I have to think girl to get a girl like he thought boy to get Peyton. HA! I wish it was that easy! :)
The whole thing always seems weird to me. But I am so happy that Peyton is here and I wouldn't trade him for any little girl in the world. And I know I will feel the same about the next one....girl or boy!

4 comments:

  1. Not weird at all. When I was 23, I went to a phychic in the quarter (not sure if it was Ruth's place...it was the one at the end of Bourbon St). She told me the following:

    1) The man I was currently dating was not the man I was going to marry. (He wasn't.)
    2) There was someone in my life who was trying to get back in, and to not let him/her because their intentions were not pure. (An old ass-hole of a boyfriend, excuse my langague but it is true, had just started calling me wanting to get back together. I decided she was right and stopped returning his calls).
    3). The next man I was going to meet (that I was interested in of course), I was going to marry him. (I did)
    4) I was going to meet that man at a wedding, reunion, or something that invovled friends and family, so don't skip something like that. (Wade and I were set up on a blind date by our mothers' mutual friend. She ran into my now MIL over Christmas, then a month later was talking to my mom and had this thought pop into her head that she needed to set us up)
    5) she told me that I was in for a big move in the next few months (Wade and I moved to TN four months after meeting)
    6) she told me we would have two kids...only problem, we want more! I am hoping her track record ended with #5.

    Sad thing is, I want to go back to see if she "sees" anything different. Wade thinks I am crazy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a psychic about a year and a half ago when my friend was missing (twice). She is located in New Orleans and I have to say she had some valuable information and was pretty accurate. I didn't ask any questions about myself but am considering going back to her to do just that. Glad you shared this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blair, I am glad that someone is with me on this one...

    and Andrea, thanks for helping me spell the word Psychic correctly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, I thought you were going to say you were pregnant W/ #2.

    I did go to a Tarot card reader at Lisa (who played at coconut years and years ago) and that chick got nothing right.

    ReplyDelete