Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Friday, February 6, 2009

A Boohoo Morning

I remember how I felt when Peyton first started getting shots. I hated it much more than getting shots myself. When I expressed this to the nurse one visit she told me "well wait until he gets sick and blood needs to be drawn....that's the worse." Well, I have to say that I always felt very lucky that Peyton never got sick to the point where he needed blood drawn. After Peyton received his 12 month shot, the Ped told me that they now draw blood to rule out any high lead levels and possiblity of being anemic. I responded in horror.... What??!!! When did this start to happen? I mean, I haven't heard anyone speak of doing this before. After reading up on it, I learned that this is something highly requested. So, when I got home I told Kevin that he would have to take the baby to Quest. I didn't think I could handle holding him down as they took blood. So this morning Kevin took him. Poor baby....he screamed the whole time. They had to have a nurse take blood and another to help Kevin hold him. Uggh. I am glad I wasn't there for that!! He seemed okay when he got home. He forgot about it and I was stilled bothered after Kevin told me about it.

1 comment:

  1. awwwww! I hate it when they have to get shots! Makes me nervous for them! I'm glad he survived, poor thing.

    And wheee! The aquarium! Does Peyton like fish too? Sofia lovessssssss fish! SHe gets all excited when she sees them. =)

    Glad you guys had fun there.

    ReplyDelete