Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Saturday, September 8, 2012

Strep Throat

Peyton's third day of school, he came home with a fever.  I gave him medicine and by midnight his fever broke.  The next morning he felt fine so I sent him to school.  He came home again with a fever and this time he complained of having a headache and that his neck and ear was bothering him. Darn! I was going to bring him in to see his doctor on Friday, but I stupidly said in front of him to Kevin on the phone that he may need to go.  Suddenly and miraculously Peyton was feeling better.  So I believed him until later in the evening (when doctor's office was closed and tomorrow is a Saturday) he started crying that his ear was hurting so bad he couldn't take it.  So we drugged him up as much as he allowed and called the doctor on night call to see what we could do and where to bring him in the morning.  His doctor Dr. N happen to be on call that night told us that she was going to be in the Mandeville office in the morning and we can bring him in first thing.  Kevin and I made the trip out there and come to find out our little guy has Strep throat!  Oh Lord!  Both Kevin and I have been kissing and drinking after him.  I think I am immune to Strep because I had it so much as a kid, but don't know how that applies when you are pregnant.  I guess we can only pray that it doesn't spread.  Plus Peyton  had an outer ear infection.  And just to make record of this, THIS is Peyton's VERY FIRST ear infection ever!  Which impressed his doctor to say the least!  :)  So, Peyton has to stay clear of people for 24 hours after starting his antibiotics, which means he will miss his friend's birthday party today!  Bummer!  I hate germs!  

No comments:

Post a Comment