Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of Pre-K 4

The whole week we talked to Peyton about school.  He seemed okay with it but I just had a feeling that when it was actually time to go, it would be a different story.

This morning when he was reminded that today was actually the first day of school, he started crying.  Daddy  talked to him calming explaining that it is just a short time that he will be there and he will be home before he knew it.  He told Peyton how smart he would be if he went to school and how much fun it was to see all of his friends again.  Suddenly Peyton stopped crying and told Kevin he stopped crying because it was only three hours at school.  I had to laugh!  :)  This kid crack me up with some of the things he come up with as he reason things out.

He was fine for the rest of the morning, BUT not without telling me that his stomach hurt and that his "heart  was nervous".  Ha!  This kids has a great imagination!

So when it was time to go, he seemed fine, but the closer we got to his classroom, I could see that he was starting to break down again.  Suddenly we see Erin walk around the corner and she happily told Peyton that Zoe was in the classroom waiting for him.  This seemed to have cheered him up and he walked into his class room with a smile on his face.  I know my little guy was trying to be brave and I can't tell him enough how much I love and admire him for that.  I hope he ends up having a better connection with his new teacher.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment