Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Tuesday, November 3, 2009

First Night Away

Peyton spent his first night away from home.  It was a night I was dreading as it got closer and closer.  Not because I didn't think he would be okay!  It was more of a me thing.  I was afraid I would freak out from waking up from my sleep to look over at the moniter like I do every night...then having to remember that he wasn't in the house!  :-)   But because the Monday night Saints game started at 7:30 p.m., I had no choice but to break the ice.

I dropped him off yesterday at his Mimi and Pawpaw's house around 2:00 p.m.  Peyton loves being by both of  his grandparents house.  Once he is there he tends to forget about Kevin and I.  So after chasing Peyton all over the yard trying to at least get one kiss and hug goodbye, I headed home to start to get ready for Saints game.

The Saints game was awesome as usual!  We won against the The Falcons, 35-27.   That makes us 7-0! 

This morning it was super nice getting up late!  :-).  I think the ice is well broken!  HA!  I lounged around all morning, cleaned up in the afternoon, then went to pick up Peyton.   Mimi told me that Peyton did really well for his first night away from home.  He slept through the night and was up at 6:15 a.m. to have breakfast.  Then he went outside was played all day.  

Of course Peyton didn't want to leave.  So after telling him that we were  going home to see Daddy and Zack, he agreed that he was ready to leave.  When we got home I had to start dinner and Peyton got very upset that I wouldn't let him go outside (after being outside all day).  I did explain to him I had to get dinner ready, but......he wouldn't accept that.  So he had a tantrum until Daddy came home.  We decided to have Daddy take Peyton outside a little while I was getting dinner on the table.  When it was time to come in, our course we got the tantrum again.  He refused to sit at the table to eat, so Kevin and I ate while he was having his fits at the door downstairs.   Oh, well, I guess Peyton has to get use to the word "no" again! :-)  So after Kevin and I ate, we brought Peyton's food downstairs, turned on his favorite show and fed him between fits.  He was starving because he would stop his fits long enough to take a bite, swallow, then start up again.  After a while he calmed down enough to get a bath then play with Daddy and I until bedtime.  I think my little man was extremely tired and hungry.  And having to snap back into his routine after being out of it was almost two days was a little rough for him.  But it was worth it and now I have no problem leaving him overnight with one of his grandparents.

I thinking now maybe a weekend vacation....just Kevin and I.   Yeah!

Peyton at Mimi and Pawpaw's house forgetting about Mommy!


Downtown New Orleans was a GREAT BIG PARTY!


No comments:

Post a Comment