Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Sunday, November 8, 2009

Accomplished, Learned, and Learned to Dislike


Today I am 22 months and I think, no...I know, I am a big boy now.  Mommy cannot believe how big I've gotten.  Did she really expect me to stay a baby forever???   Nope, not me.  I like to think of myself as the "little man" of the house.   I have accomplished, learned, and learned to dislike many things in my short 22 months of life and I would like to record them so Mommy won't forget.  So here I go:

  • I know all my alphabets.  Yep, just point to them and I can tell you what letter it is.  Numbers still confuse my though.  But I do know number 2 and number 9.
  • I can say some small sentences such as:  Where's Daddy? (or Zack or Mommy), Get down, I love you, Bless you, Daddy's home, No Zack,  Go outside,  and Sit down.
  • All the words I LOVE to say are: Oh no, Uh oh, eat, choo-choo, wee-wee (for wheels), stop, Mommy, Daddy, Mimi and Pawpaw (more like pop pa), Grammy (more like Mammy)  & Grand Dad (more like gra dad), Zack, moon, bear, up, down, bite, no no, snack, juice, light, fan, apple, truck (more like uck), Elmo, duck, Cheers, eyes, nose, ears, tongue (more like unge), teeth, Nanny, cookie (more like ookie), nite-nite, nu-nu, bath, ahh-choo, candy, and beep-beep.
  • I can point to and name certain parts of my body such as: teeth, eyes, ears, hair, belly button, teeth, tongue, mouth, nose and toes.
  • I love to play hide-n-seek with my Daddy.
  • I love to be outside and never tire of it.
  • I can point out all of the Disney characters by name.
  • I don't like time out and it hurts my feelings so much when Mommy or Daddy put me in the corner. 
  • I dislike anything berry such as strawberries, blueberries, etc.  I am a melon guy!
  • I totally adore my grandparents!
  • For right now, Mommy is the only one that is allowed to put me to bed.
  • I hate to sleep unless I am so tired I can't keep my eyes open.
  • Bath time is a special time with my Daddy.  Mommy has the priviledge sometimes.
  • I LOVE trucks and choo-choos.  Can't have enough trucks and choo-choos.
  • I call everything in the sky the moon: airplanes, birds, clouds, sun, and the moon itself.
  • My favorite show is Thomas, The Useful Engine.
  • I love walking around the block 10 times pulling my wagon with Mommy.
  • Zack is my best friend and I love sharing my snacks with him.
  • I love my nu-nus at bedtime with one in my mouth and one in each hand.  It relaxes me.  I don't know what I am going to do when Mommy decides it is time for me to give them up!
  • I am shy with some people and totally outgoing with others. 
  • I am now telling Mommy and Daddy when I have a messy diaper by saying "poo-poo".  Mommy said something about it getting close to potty-training.  I really don't know what she means by that.
  • I love playing in dirt.
  • I hate diaper changes.
  • I love our family walks and bike rides.
  • I like to eat pretty much anything Mommy cooks.  Except chicken...sometimes I don't like her chicken.
  • I run away when asked for a kiss...but sometimes I surprise you by walking up and planting a nice big one just for the heck of it. 
  • I still sleep in my crib and don't climb out when I am ready to get up.  I prefer Mommy or Daddy coming to get me.  I don't want to fall and hurt myself to my Mommy's relief.  
  • I love to take all of Mommy's nicely clean, folded laundry and throw it everywhere.  I wonder why Mommy doesn't find that funny also.
  • I love to jump and run all over Mommy and Daddy's bed.  I know Mommy is waiting for the day I fall off.
  • I love to take things that I know Mommy and Daddy does not want me to have and run away with it laughing. 
  • I sometimes torture Zack by pulling his tail.
  • I love sleeping with my stuff animal which I call Bear.
  • I sometimes can be really, really grumpy when I wake up. 
  • I hate playing by myself.  So I constantly try to get Mommy and Daddy, or whoever is willing to play with me by pulling them to my playroom.
  • I hate when Mommy is on the computer or telephone.  I want all of her attention.
  • I kiss the phone bye-bye to whoever I am talking to.
  • I love candy.
  • I love to act silly by making faces.
  • I always look away when Mommy takes my picture.  Personally, I think she takes way too many of me, and
  • I love to wait by the window for Daddy to come home from work and scream in excitement when I see him walking up.

5 comments:

  1. He's got such a personality already. It's amazing to me how quickly kids grow up. Your boy already has such an idea of what he likes and doesn't like. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really sweet! I love the photo up top, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just too sweet :) i love his picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow? He's a beautiful boy, and that's a great photo! :-)

    ReplyDelete