Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Friday, November 18, 2011

School's Thanksgiving Feast

Today I had the advantage to help out with the Thanksgiving Feast at Peyton's school.  I was excited when we arrived to his classroom, ready to begin helping and to have little sneak peeks now and then of Peyton interacting with his classmates.  But when Peyton realized that I was staying and not leaving, well, let's say that he got really, really upset.  Not with him wanting me to leave, but with wanting to be with me and he couldn't.  I saw his eyes tear up when they got in line to begin class and knew then that there were going to be lots of  tears ahead.  Which surprised me because Peyton never really cry much about being with me.  But he was upset which made me very upset, especially since I had to ignore him when he called out to me when I passed.  Talk about heartbreaking for me to see him so upset.  I couldn't wait for the food to finish cooking so that I could go back in the classroom and sooth my little guy.  So when that time came (which seemed like forever and a day) and I re-entered the class to help serve for the Thanksgiving feast, I took some time to talk to Peyton telling him where I was and what I was doing (even though Mrs. Deborah already covered that with him).   He immediately calmed down and started to eat.  Poor baby, you can see in his pictures that his face was red from being so upset.  Funny story, little Zoe's mom told me that Zoe said "Peyton's mommy cooked the corn and Peyton was so happy that he cried"!  Talk about hilarious how kids interpret things.  :)  I would like to help again one day (if they let me now. Ha!) but I am a little worried if Peyton will get upset.  I guess I could try it one more time if the opportunity arises and see what happens.  Maybe this was a one-time thing!  :)  However, the Thanksgiving feast was adorable and I am glad that I took part in it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment