Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Friday, August 26, 2011

A Mexican and Italian Night

Kevin had a rough week (well really month) at work so he wanted to go out and do something fun with Peyton.  Well on a Friday night, everything kiddie is pretty much closed except maybe Chucky E. Cheese.  But I didn't get a response on that one so I knew that was out!  :)  So we decided to try out this Mexican Restaurant, El Gato Negro, in Lakeview and maybe hit a park somewhere.  The restaurant's ambiance was just okay, food was pretty good but the Margaritas were horrible.  It was too bitter for my taste.  But it was interesting to watch Peyton have his first virgin Margarita...... and he really liked the bitterness!  Yuck!!  They called it a Lemon Lime drink but really it was a Margarita without the alcohol.  Ha!

Afterwards we headed to a little park by the Lake so that Peyton could run around a little.   I really do hate the month of August because even though it was close to 6:00 p.m. it was still so hot.  Usually I am inside for that month!  I really can't wait for it to cool down so that Peyton and I can hit the parks again.  And...well even though I know Peyton doesn't really feel the heat like I do, I just can't bring myself outside into it.  Unless I am in water of course!  :)  So anyway, we played a little, fed the ducks a little, watched the sun set, then of course finished off the evening with some Italian Ice Cream. Can't go wrong with Mexican and Italian!  I even brought my little point and shoot to capture some of the moments.  But of course by the end of the evening I wished that I brought my Nikon.  Oh well, at least I had a camera even though my little man seems to think that moments like these should include some pictures of his tongue hanging out!  Boys, I swear!  :)  But can you tell that I so, so, so this sweet child of mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment