Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Thursday, October 14, 2010

Last Camping Day 5

Well today was our last day.  And the coldest day by far.  Thank goodness it got this chilly the last day of our trip.  We all got together this morning and cooked a nice farewell breakfast.  We had pancakes, eggs, bacon and coffee.  Our checkout was for 11:00 a.m. and Mom and Dad's was at 2:00 so we hung out at their RV until it was time for everyone to start packing.  As Kevin started bicycling with Peyton's trailer with stuff in it back to our cabin his bike broke.  I mean not fixing it yourself broke.  So I can call this incident number 3!  :)  Thank goodness that it broke on the very last day.  It would have sucked for Kevin not to have a bike for this trip.  So I had to bicycle Peyton's trailer back to the cabin while Kevin packed his bike away in Dad's cargo trailer.  When Kevin came back to the cabin and started packing the car  I was taking some last minute pictures.   As I was taking pictures I noticed that Mom and Peyton were playing on his bike by rolling down the little side hill and Peyton was loving it......well in the beginning.   Incident number 4 and 5:

I told Mom to roll down the hill with Peyton one more time as I took some pictures.  While Mom was running behind Peyton down the hill, Peyton decides to put on the brakes.  When he did that he fell forward on his bike which caused Mom to lose her balance and she did a somersault over Peyton and proceeded to roll down the hill.  Meanwhile, Peyton falls forward on his bike, lands on his face and sits up with a mouthful of dirt.  At first I didn't know who to help...my 66 year old mother rolling down the hill or my 3 year old child screaming his head off.  Trying so, so hard not to laugh, I asked my mom is she was okay.  She jumps up laughing with embarrassment and says she was fine so I went over to Peyton to determine what his injuries were.  He had bitten his lip a little and had some scratches on his nose, but he was okay.  I caught a picture of them as they started to fall but I so wish I would have kept the camera shooting.  Watching my Mom roll down the hill still makes me chuckle.  We will be talking about that for years!  HA!

So after everything was packed and injuries were taken care of, we headed back over to my Mom and Dad's RV to hang out there for a while.  We ate lunch, played some more games, finished packing up, took some family pictures and started home.  We had a very, very nice time and I was sad that it was over so fast.  I am so looking forward to next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment