Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saints Going to the Superbowl

How excited we are that for the first time in the Saints history.....we are going to the SUPERBOWL to play the Colts!!!!!!  What a game this was and I am so happy that Kevin and I were there in person, to witness for the first time the union of happiness that this city now has!  I never hugged so many strangers in my life.  All the women were hugging each other in the ladies room.  Boy was it a party in the city afterwards!  It was like Mardi Gras two times over. 

The day started off with Troy, Kevin and I eating at Yo Mammas near the Quarter.  We got the very famous Peanut Butter Burgers.  Well, my opinion was that not only did it look disgusting, it tasted disgusting!!!  Peanut Butter does not go on hamburger meat!  Uggggh....    :)  I had to wash it down with some alcohol beverages!  HA!  After eating, we walked around Bourbon Street watching all the crazy Saints fans trash talk the Viking Fans that were out there.  In good spirit though.  Everyone, including the Viking fans were laughing, having fun and drinking. 

When the game started, boy, did the Dome rock and roll.  I never heard it so loud!  The fans were ruthless!  The fans wanted a win and that is what they got with overtime and Hartley kicking a field goal making the score 28-31.  Oh my... were the fans excited, and crying, and yelling, and standing and clapping.  This certainly was a day to remember!!!  Go Saints!!!!!!!!!!!

The disgusting peanut butter burgers!
Me and Saint-a-claus
The Quarter was already packed before the game even started!
Getting ready for the Ceremony-Saints celebrating
Not a Saint fan moved from their seat.
It's party time!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm from MN, therefore a MN Viking's game. Wow, what a hearbreaking loss for us! But if you know the history of our team. . . the fans are very used to us choking in the final seconds of the game and losing. Unfortunately, very used to it!

    I love your team though, and will be cheering for you guys in the Superbowl. I just want someone to beat Indianapolis. :-D

    ReplyDelete