Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The 12th Night - Mardi Gras Begins

Let me be the first to wish everyone a wonderful Mardi Gras!!

Last night we went to The 12th Night party hosted by Blaine Kern.  And it was a very nice party.  The band was awesome!  We got to see all the floats up close.  Something that you really can't do when it is Mardi Gras time!  I am amazed how beautiful most of them are.  I am excited about this Mardi Gras.  I  think Peyton really will be into it this time. 



I even got to meet the King of Mardi Gras, Blaine Kern.  I was taking a picture and right before I pressed the shutter button Mr. Kern stuck his head in the picture.  I pulled the camera back and laughed and Mr. Kern told us welcome to his party.  I said thanks, not really knowing at that time that was Mr. Kern.  Kevin asked if I knew who he was and I said no.  He told me that is the Father of Mardi Gras, Blaine Kern.  WHAT!?  Well, I definitely needed to get a better picture of him.  While he was walking away, I got this picture below loving how his body guard to the right was watching the man who was hugging him like a hawk.  I wonder why Mr. Kern would need a body guard?  Kevin says Mafia connections!  :)  The guy was wearing a heavy black coat inside so it was quite obvious that he was probably heavily armed under there.   But on the other hand, that could be Mr. Kern's son but the guy looked too tense and serious to be a relative.  Just look at his face!

So I got a better picture of him as he was flirting with two young ladies.  Oh, and the coated guy was off to the side watching to see if my camera was a gun!  Ha!

You can see that as the night went on and as the wine flow was steadily coming, the blurrier my pictures got.


I love this!!  It is like a movie set.  The plantation was staged and the oak trees are fake but so realistic.  I couldn't believe that none of it was real.  They even had stars sparkling in the sky (ceiling).....so realistic it was like we were outside.

And here are some of the floats!  So beautiful.  I just LOVE the details. 





Whew, what a great night and I hope we get to go again next year!  Next time I will remember to drink water and take some aspirin before going to bed!  Red wine hangovers are the worse.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! What a great experience! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete