Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Friday, October 23, 2009

Fun Filled Friday


I am so exhausted from walking too much and hungry, but today was a great day.  Peyton and I decided to get out of the house!  My poor baby....because of my miscarriage we haven't been doing much since I have been taking it easy as my doctor suggested. So...we have been missing a lot of playdates and outings....and Peyton has been so good about it.  But I can tell he was getting cabin fever, so today I decided for us to take a trip to the mall to go see the Halloween train and do some Christmas shopping while I was there.  

Peyton fell  asleep when we first got to the mall, so he made it easy for me to scout the toy stores and other stores such as Potterybarn that require little hands not to touch!  :)

After about an hour, Peyton woke up so we headed to the Food Court.  I was a good girl and got a Greek salad and baked chicken and Peyton had chicken nuggets and waffle fries.  Peyton was such a big boy sitting in a chair across from me eating his lunch.  I am amazed about how grown up he is getting!  As Peyton and I were eating, I noticed a dad and his son about 7 years old sitting next to us.  This little boy was  talking and talking away to his dad about things that happened in school, about his friends and what he wanted for Christmas.  I smiled to myself thinking  that one day Peyton and I will be having those conversations.  And even though OUR conversation during lunch today was limited to all the wheels "wee wees"  going by, and choo choo sounds, and a lot of other gibberish talk that I sometimes didn't understand, I wouldn't trade that conversation to anything in the world.  It was a special time with my boy and I loved it. 

After shopping all day, I let Peyton pick out a toy for being such a good boy and letting Mommy do some Christmas shopping without any complaints.....and Mommy treated herself to a Starbuck's coffee.  :)

Today was a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, he does "choo choo", too! lol Olivia does it, complete with the arm gesture like she's pulling the horn, BUT she does it when she spots any moving vehicle! lol A bus, a train, a truck lol. I remember that feeling of one on one time. It's great. Olivia and I are definitely overdue.
    And yay for treats for Mommy, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete