Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Rainy Daze

Our back yard/oaktree is infested with caterpillars that comes once a year. I hate those little bastards because they can sting the living crap out of you. And because of them Peyton has not been outside as much. Which....if you knew my little boy, is torturous. So between waiting for the caterpillars to phase out and Kevin spraying almost everyday to help the phasing out along, I have been looking for other things to do with Peyton. Inside that is... and it is not working. I have a very irritable little guy on my hands. Which is making Mommy irritable!! :) I think it may have to do between him having cabin fever and teething. And the rainy days hasn't helped. He is constantly hanging on my legs which makes it almost impossible to do anything productive! Peyton use to act up only with me, but NOW he is showing daddy this little side of temper tandrum heaven and it proves my point that this is why the house is not in order!! HA!
group to spend some time outdoors. This is a really nice park! But sadly, we only got to play for about an hour to an hour and a half because it started raining. I did get a couple of pictures though.


Sandbox full of boys and toys.


Peyton so serious! seriously....................

Where is everyone?

I couldn't even get a smile doing one of his favorite things!! LOL

5 comments:

  1. seriously they sting? how about that ... we have those little lizards here ... they dart infront of you constantly when you are walking. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need...more...park...time!
    We didn't get enought today either:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... poor Peyton! I know exactly what you mean girl... I've been in your shoes.

    Connie, I would love to recommend something to you if you're up for it. I have these baby/toddler activity books. Pages and pages of fun activities to do with your baby at home and outdoors. I bought a planner and I choose between 3-5 activities for us to do together and I write them all down. Then we do the activities throughout the day. I got this idea from when i worked at the day care center. It keeps us busy and our babies happy!

    This one is my favorite!

    http://www.amazon.com/Gymboree-Play-Learn-Activities-Child/dp/1554700337/ref=pd_sim_b_3

    I think Payton would love it if you did this for him. =)

    Good luck and here's to hoping you get sunny days soon and that those nasty caterpillars go away soon. When we lived in Texas, we dealt with t hem too.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ana. The book look awesome. I can't wait to recieve and start doing some of the activities with Peyton!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little guy just wants to get out and express himself! lol I'm so glad you have a park nearby, until the "creepy crawlers" are gone :-D.

    ReplyDelete