Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Morning and An Engagement


Today Peyton woke up and came in our bed to watch TV.  We waited a little while to see if he would remember that it was Christmas Morning (after all we talked all day Christmas Eve about Santa's visit).  But I think the late Christmas Eve night was still wearing on him.  So eventually we reminded him to check to see if  Santa ate his cookies and to go see what Santa brought.  His face lit up and he ran up front to see his goodies.  I know that this is probably the last year I will have to remind him that it is Christmas morning.  I consider this his "baby" ways and I am enjoying every second of them that he throws out to me.  After all, he is growing up so quickly.   

He was so excited and loved every moment of opening his presents.  It seems like yesterday that I had to open them for him.  Time, time, time......slow down!!  The big hit this year was his Lightning McQueen bike.  He is so proud of his big boy bike.  I will never forget the look on his face when he first saw it.  Oh.............my big boy!

A little later this morning Angela and Mike came over to visit us on Christmas morning and to give us some news!!  They are engaged to be married!!  How wonderful is that?!  I wish Angela and Mike a lifetime of happiness!   What a great Christmas morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment