Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Saturday, December 17, 2011

Joe Trick's Letter

When Peyton was born, my friend, Michelle, told me that one thing I had to get for Peyton was an Elf on the Shelf.  Listening to her tell me the story of this tradition, I loved it.  But since Peyton wouldn't understand the concept behind it until he was older, I decided to wait.  I considered it last year, but decided against it because I felt that Peyton was still a little to young and thought to wait one more year.  This Christmas the Elf on the Shelf really caught on this year amongst all my mom friends and it was talked about all over Facebook.  I was a little late ordering our little Elf, but he arrived right in time to do a little "watching" before Christmas.  Right before our Elf arrived, I talked to Peyton about him.  At first he said he didn't want anything to do with the Elf, but after some convincing he decided it was okay for him to visit us.  :)  I asked Peyton what he wanted to name our Elf.  He sat there and thought about it for a minute or two not coming up with anything, so I started throwing some names out there.  "How about naming him Jingle or Timmy or Bobby."  "No,"  Peyton said "I want to name him Joe."  "Okay." I said.   Then Peyton said "Joe and Trick....Joe Trick."  So that is our Elf's name, Joe Trick.  Don't know how he came up with this name, but I think it is cute...I like it!  So, Joe Trick sent a letter today, confirming his visit.  Peyton is excited and anxiously waiting for his arrival!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment