Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Sunday, December 13, 2009

Saints, Christmas in the Oaks Walk, and Picture with Santa

Did I mention how crazy proud we are of our team??  Saints are now 13-0!!!  What a great game.  Bring on the Cowboys!  Next Saturday the dome is going to be unbelievable.  Can't wait!!

So after our glorious victory, we did the Celebration in the Oaks Walk.  At the end of the walk you can go into Storyland and the Amusement Park.  We did it last year and had a great time...even though we froze.  This year it was warm after our big thunder storm the night before but it turned out to be very misty, foggy, wet, muddy and damp night.   The misting kept getting really bad at certain times so I had to put away my camera or take it long enough to get a quick shot, then return it to it's case.  That sucked!!  But we still enjoyed everything!  Remember this picture of Peyton with Santa from last year?

Christmas of 2008

Well, Peyton decided he didn't want anything to do with Santa again this year, so we had to take a picture with him!  :)  I really didn't want to because I had my Saints t-shirt on.... until Santa told me that everyone was taking pictures with their Saints gear on.  I looked around and you know what?...Santa was right!!  Saints everywhere!!! So I gave in and we took a family shot with Santa.  If you look closely at the 2009 picture, Peyton has the SAME EXACT expression on his tramatized little face as last year! So frickin' funny!!  He was in a very crabby mood tonight (if I remember correctly, so was he last year) ha!  But who can blame him with how the weather was.  Maybe next year it will be just a dry and cool night.

After pictures, we changed Peyton and had some fun on the rides.  Unfortunately the train was down tonight, so Peyton missed out.  He love trains!  We were disappointed.  But he did enjoy the Merry-go-round.

So we went to look at the toy train station setup that is in the park.  Peyton was so excited to watch the trains go around and around.

We also went and looked at all the lights in the oak trees and the different light shows.  It is truly amazing to see this every year.  The only problem was that we had to trample through mud!  Yuck!!

I absolutely love the statues.  I wish I could have taken more pictures of them.


I told Kevin that I think next year since Peyton will be close to the age of three, he will enjoy the rides and Santa more.  Kevin laughed and said I said the same thing last year!  :)  Peyton has to love Santa one day right? But I do love our picture even though I really only wanted it to be Santa and Peyton.  Oh, how I enjoy Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Good seeing you guys yesterday! And the picture turned out great....you're right it was a sea of Saints fans! Peyton looked adorable in his Santa outfit. Yucky weather, but we had a great time!

    ReplyDelete