Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Monday, June 10, 2013

Zack Not Well

Dear Zack,

Daddy and Peyton picked some new toys for you.  For the first time since your surgery, you were so happy!  You played for hours and for a while, you looked perfectly healthy. You ran, you played, you smiled.  You were a happy little puppy.

My puppy's beautiful smile!
Daddy and I was hoping that we have months with you like the doctor said, but we fear that may not be the case.  Yesterday, we noticed that your right eye is sunken in which tells us that you may be dealing with a tumor in your brain.  You also yelped in pain when you barked.   Daddy and I became really concerned.  I gave you some pain medication to help with any pain that you may be dealing with, and it seemed to have helped.  

But today your eye is looking worse and you are not even getting out of bed.  Not even for a treat and you never, ever passed up a treat.  You are barely picking up your head.  And I noticed that you now have tumors in both ears like the one on your face. My sweetie, in my heart I do not think I will ever see your smile again.  And that breaks my heart to know that the little time that we thought we had may be even less.

My puppy not feeling well.  (picture taken by Peyton) 


We have an appointment with the vet tomorrow to discuss our next option.  I am not really looking forward to that my sweet pup.  I was really hoping that I could spend one last 4th of July trip with you. I wanted to make more memories with you in the short time that we had.  But that doesn't look possible at this point.  Daddy and I were hoping that you was just having a bad day yesterday....but with your eye looking bad and the discovery of the new tumors, we think we really know what is happening.  

How will I go on without you?  You are my best friend.  We all love you so much.  Please tell me in some way when you had enough.  I can't bear knowing that you are hurting.  

I love you my little buddy.  

Love Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment