Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas in the Oaks

Tonight we went to the Celebration in the Oaks to see the sights and to have a picture taken of Peyton with Santa.  Peyton is interested in Santa but has no interest with sitting on his lap so I had to come up with some sort of plan.  And I did....... I thought that maybe if I had a boxed car and say that Santa will give it to him after taking a picture, he would be more willing.   So for days Kevin and I have been talking to Peyton about how Santa has a car for him if he sits on Santa's lap for a picture and that Santa will bring him a remote control Police car on Christmas day.  This he got excited about.  So when we got to City Park, all Peyton kept asking was to go see Santa.  I got really excited thinking that this just might work!  :)  When it was our turn to see Santa, Peyton walked right up to him giggling and did not have a problem with me putting him on Santa's lap.  I then pulled out the car and gave it to the photographer to show Peyton his new car.  It WORKED!!   We got a beautiful smile from him and the picture turned out great.  After he got his car we started to walk away from Santa, Peyton stopped, then said "Wait a minute.....where's my Police car?" and turned back around to go ask Santa for it.  I had to talk him away from Santa explaining that Santa was going to give him the Police car on Christmas day and he had to wait.  He seemed okay about it but boy was that funny!  We diverted his attention to the merry-go-round and then planned on riding the train but it started to rain really hard and Peyton fell asleep....so we just went home.  (This will be the 3rd year in a row that we tried to ride the train and failed)  HA!  Maybe next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment