Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Guys Night Out

Last season Kevin was itching to bring Peyton to another Hornet's game.  Even though we brought him together to one game and it was fun, I still thought Peyton was a little too young to go with just Daddy alone.  I didn't think Kevin would have been able to enjoy the game due to Peyton's needs.   Tonight Kevin was given a Hornet's ticket and was throwing around the idea of taking Peyton.  It was in the back of my mind that maybe he is still too young, but I was feeling guilty that Peyton was stuck inside on such a beautiful day so why not have him get out for a little while.  So we packed a bag (with my point-and-shoot) and sent them on their way.  About halfway through the game I sent Kevin a text message asking how Peyton was doing and got a reply back "He is struggling".  I started to laugh.  I can imagine how hard it is to keep an almost 3 year old still for a three hour game.   About an hour and a half later when they came home Peyton was so tired that he didn't make a peep when he was put to bed.  Kevin said he did okay.  He had no problem sitting on his lap, but he got really nervous when they turned down the lights for the introduction and during the game he did get restless at some points.  He enjoyed the kids section where he got to color but wouldn't smile for any of the pictures.  Well that's quite evident!!  :)  So I guess my feelings were right.  Right now he is still a little too young to really enjoy these type of events but glad he got to spend some one on one time with his Daddy.  Maybe next season he will do better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment