Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chatter Box

Since it was a nice day today, we decided to treat ourselves by walking down to The Sweet Life and get some pastries and to buy this Matchbox 18-wheeler that I have been eyeing for a while now.  I knew Peyton would love it but since Mimi and Pawpaw just bought Peyton new matchbox cars I held out for a special day.   I guess today was the day.  :)

Peyton has really become a chatter box lately.  He constantly talks...well unless he is concentrating on his cars! I can't say that I don't love it.  I watched videos of him just 6 short months ago and I am so amazed how much he has changed, not just with how he looks, but also with his speech.  It went from two to three word sentences to practically long conversations.  My baby sure is growing up!   During our walk Peyton really talked and talked.  It is amazing what excites little ones.  It is such small, insignificant things.  Makes me want to slow down a little and enjoy the little things in life more often.  He must have asked me to "wook" at 1000 things that I normally would not look at.  I mean, he talked from the first step to the last.  It was so sweet.  I hope he will always want to talk to me but I know things will change once he hits the pre-teenage years.  I want to always remember these little conversations we had.  I sure do love my little guy and will miss these moments when/if they ever stop.   Here are some of  the things we talked about on our walk:

Wook at that yellow truck Mommy?

Mommy, what kind of car is that?

Wook a yellow school bus!

Wook Mommy a Cadillac like Daddy's!

Wook Mommy, that ghost is SCARY!

Wook Mommy, one pumpkin, two pumpkin, three pumpkin, four pumpkin and five pumpkin.

Wook, this circle is broken.  (tree seed)

Hold these leaves Mommy. 

Be careful Mommy, don't fall!  (I tripped and caught myself) 

Wook at the broken street.

Wook at all the people walking around.

Wook at the wheels on that bicycle. 

Wook, there's Mommy's car.  (a car similar to mine goes by)

We are going to the store to buy a car!  (he tells a gentleman who tells him hi)

This is a water meter......here is another water meter.  

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Girl, I know how you feel!
    That's exactly how Sofia is too! LOL

    The one that cracks me up is when I'm distracted on the computer and she says "Mom, talk to me!" hahahaha So I am quickly put into check and I pay attention to her.

    Peyton HAS grown a lot since I last visited you. Gosh, they grow like EVERY day, don't they? He does sound like a talker! We should get Sofia and him together and see who can talk the most. haha! Glad you're doing well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Laney is a complete chatter box too!!!

    ReplyDelete