Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Monday, April 19, 2010

Paint Makes it All Better

Today Peyton refused to nap.  This does not happen too often but for some reason today, he wanted nothing to do with it.  So, around 3:45 Peyton asked to go outside.  I said okay, go upstairs and get your shoes. I figured that we could have an hour of outside play then back inside to prepare dinner.  So Peyton disappeared upstairs...... but didn't return.  I called from the stairs "Peyton, did you get your shoes so we can go outside?"  Silence....   I called again.....silence.  So I went upstairs to check on him only to find him passed out on his bed.  Really, naptime at 4:00 p.m.???  Crap!!  So, I let him sleep for 45 minutes and then woke him up because I am really not in the mood to fight sleep again tonight.  :)  Needless to say, Peyton was NOT happy that I  woke him and was a little whiny butt and wanted nothing except for me to hold him while I was trying to get dinner in the oven.  Ahhhhhh!!  So the answer to this problem? Let him make a mess of course!  Making a mess always seem to make Peyton happy!!  So I pulled out the paint, placed paper on the table and told him to go for it.  It worked!!  He was entertained for almost an hour and a half playing with hand paint and I actually got dinner ready with no fuss or interuptions.  In the end messy yes, but worth it...yes.  Thank God for the small things that make kids happy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment