Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi Gras Day

Today is Mardi Gras day so we decided to go catch the Argus and Krew of Jefferson Parades in Metairie.  I love this area because it is family oriented parades.  When we got out there, it was little chilly but other than that it was a sunny day.  Boy, did we have a blast!!  Peyton loved all the tractors, truck and big rigs that rolled  by.  Every time the big rigs blew their horns, Peyton would look at me, laugh and say "bonk, bonk"!  So cute!!  He gave Kevin and I not a minute rest.  He wanted to be out by the floats every second, so Kevin and I took turns taking him over to the floats.  Peyton even waved to the riders to throw him things.  He lasted 4 hours at the parade and we had to actually pull him away telling him it was time to go home.  Last Mardi Gras Peyton didn't want to have anything to do with the parades or the beads.  So you can imagine how much fun Kevin and I had with him this year.  My boy brought home a big bag of stuff animals, swords, spray guns, balls, spears, and other misc stuff.  Thank goodness we have a friend who is riding in the Irish/Italian parade that I can donate it to.  I wouldn't know where to begin to put it all.  

And what was really, really nice was seeing mostly all the floats having something Saints on it and playing all the Saints victory songs.  This city is still celebrating!!!  We had so much fun and can't wait until next year. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun day! Your son reminds me of Drew Brees' son. I saw Drew, his wife, and son on Oprah the other day. Definitely a resemblance. :-D

    ReplyDelete