Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

I can't believe that my baby boy, who I just had yesterday, right(?) is going to Kindergarten.  What an emotional day......but an exciting one as well.

Peyton woke up, ate breakfast, and got ready for his big day.  But not without getting a picture of his First Day sign.
Once we arrived to school, I started to see that excitement was starting to be replaced with a little nervousness.  But he was ready to see his friends, so we took a quick picture in front of the Bricolage sign and headed in.
So we went straight to Peyton's classroom when he ran into one of his teachers, Ms. Denson, who was excited to see Peyton and asked him if he was ready to begin the school year.  Peyton said yes but when he turned his head to continue walking, I saw that he became really nervous and he had tears in his eyes.  I leaned down and started telling him how great school was going to be!  Peyton looked at me, put on a brave face and said "I know".  From that point on he was fine.  :)  He fell right into place in his classroom.  He put his name tag on, found the chair with his name on it and began coloring with the rest of his classmates.  
I am extremely proud of my little man.  I hope he has a wonderful school year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment