Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Sunday, April 7, 2013

Kevin's Birthday Picnic

Like last year, we had a picnic next to the lake for Kevin's birthday.   I love going by the lake this time of the year!  The weather is beautiful which makes it perfect for a BBQ.  So we headed out there around 3:00 p.m. which made finding a spot with a picnic table kind of challenging.  Finding a spot with a shelter was going to be impossible I knew, but to not find a table did not cross my mind.  So we went all the way down the lake and found a spot where the levee curved in really close to the lake.  And there was a small playground which made the spot perfect.  I could see why barely no one went there since you had to climb the levee with everything to get to the picnic table.   But it was worth it since we had the lake, levee and playground so close to each other.  So other than the climb to and from the car and that it was a little messy with litter from people who do not know how to clean up after themselves, the spot was perfect and I want to go back there  for our next BBQ.   Peyton even met a little friend and played with him practically the whole time.  I swear, that kid absolutely has no problems making friends.  I hope he keeps that!   We had a great evening with our little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment