Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Friday, April 12, 2013

Emma's French Quarter Fest Dress

I am really becoming a fan of sewing for Emma.  I tried sewing once before when Peyton was a baby, but I soon became bored (sorry Peyton).  Boy's clothes patterns just wasn't cute to me.  But I love baby girl dresses, so that really got me on the roll.  

I remember my dress that my Mom made for me when I was a girl.  I was so fond of that yellow dress.  I remember wanting to wear it all the time!  I wish my Mom kept that dress.  Taking a picture of Emma in it one day would have been nice, but since that can not happen, I want to make Emma some dresses of her own.  So now we are starting off with pillowcase dresses.  Next I want to make Maxi styled dresses like the dress I once had as a child.  So tonight I finished up this little dress so that Emma can wear for tomorrow's festivities.  So here's her dress.....
and here's my dress from way back when!  I want to make something similar (but modern) for Emma one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment