Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Follow Up Visit

My girl is feeling a lot better.  Her cough has lessen since starting the Saline treatments.  Last night I got the most rest than I have had in the last 4 nights.  Emma looked better too this morning and the doctor had to agree when we saw her today.  Dr. Li did say that she heard a little wheezing in Emma's lungs, so she started her on Levalbuterol  to ensure this virus does not get into her lungs.  

Dr. Li did say that because Emma got this virus so early in life, she is susceptible to easily catching colds and most probably will need breathing treatments in some if not all cases.   I was startled when she told me this and talk about already feeling guilty that I did not do everything possible to keep this from happening to her.   So I guess the breathing machine is ours to keep and probably will come in handy for years to come.  I hope she proves us wrong with this, but only time will tell.  

When I went to get the prescription filled, I saw there was a baby vapor bath that helps sooth colds.  Awesome!  My girl l.o.v.e.s her bathes and falls into a nice slumber afterwards.   She was all smiles this evening while she was splashing around with her arms and legs.  It is good to see smiles again after days of nothing but crying. 

Peyton on the other hand still has his cough, but getting better as well.  He has lots of energy.  No cold can bring this little guy down!  I am glad to see that my babies are on the mend.  Now if I can only keep myself from getting this cold, things will be great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment