Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Tuesday, May 22, 2012

6 Weeks

I decided not to see my doctor until I was 8 weeks.  I figured that no matter what happens, the results were going to be the same whether I go in at 6 weeks or 8 weeks.  But after thinking about it for two weeks, and speaking with my doctor, I figured that I need to go in earlier just in case I was indeed dealing with another molar pregnancy.  If I was, I wanted it taken care as soon as possible. No need to wait.  So Kevin, Peyton and I went in for an ultrasound.

The whole time in the waiting room, I was scared.  I mean scared out of my mind.  I was close to tears.  My heart was going crazy with palpitations.  It just wasn't a good wait.  I know the people around me was wondering what was going on with me.  Finally, they called me to the back.

The ultrasound tech was super sweet and really tried to ease my fears.  She started the ultrasound and immediately told me that things looked great!  "There is the heartbeat"  she said.  "It's 122 bpm".   "There's the fetal pole and everything is measuring great so this is NOT a molar pregnancy." she continues.

She finally left the ultrasound room and when she did, I busted out in tears.  Poor Peyton was confused as to why I was crying and kept asking what was wrong.  When Kevin told him that I was crying because I was happy, my poor boy was really confused.  He just didn't understand why I was crying IF I was happy.  :)

Well, we are happy that one hurdle has been jumped.  There is a heartbeat!  I am still too cautious to celebrate but at least for today, I can smile.  I will definitely give thanks to God for this wonderful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment