Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Thursday, June 3, 2010

Attempting Peyton's First Movie


This morning the Mom's Group met at Elmwood Movie Theater to watch the fourth Shrek.  Movies has always been a playdate, but I never brought Peyton because I knew he wouldn't keep still long enough.  I figured that since my Mom tells me he sits through Church without any problems, he may be ready for a movie playdate.  Wrong!!  Big fat tears came as soon as the previews started and he kept saying over and over again "go home" "see Zack".  I did my best to get him interested in the movie by giving him candy, nachos, and one of the moms even offered him popcorn which all kept him quiet for a total of maybe 20 minutes, then he would point to the exit and start crying again.  *sigh*  I told everyone bye and went to customer service to ask if I could have a refund.  Thank goodness the theater gave it to me with no problems.  Oh well, maybe I need to wait a little while longer.  I don't think Peyton is ready for the dark and the loudness of the movie at this stage of his toddlerhood

1 comment:

  1. Awh, you just have to keep trying every so often. That is one of my fsvorite things to do with the boys. That's awesome they gave you a refund:)

    ReplyDelete