Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Virus Roseola

Today Peyton had a doctor's appointment. He woke up on Saturday morning with a 100.8 fever and very cranky and he had a fever all that day. Sunday morning he woke up again with fever this time accompanied with a rash. But by Sunday night the fever was pretty much gone. - JUST not the crankiness! According to the doctor, he has a virus (Roseola) that is going around. The doctor told me that this is his first and definitely will not be his last virus since there are so many types. So this weekend I had my first taste of what it is like to care for a sick child. I thought having a newborn was rough!!!The doctor asked me if Peyton was doing okay with sitting upright without me holding him up. I told him not only is he doing fine with this, he is getting in the sitting position on his own. Peyton doesn't need me for this any longer. The doctor looked a little surprised, but impressed and said that most babies do not accomplish that until they are 8 or 9 months. Then he asked if Peyton is pulling up. I laughed and said no, and uhhh, thank god he's not because things are going way too fast for me as it is!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment