Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Friday, October 9, 2015

The Kid's First Hibachi Experience

About a month ago, a group of my friends went to a Hibachi Bar and it was such a fun time.   I knew that this was something exactly Peyton would enjoy since he has some interest in cooking.  So tonight we decided to try the experience with the kids.  Peyton, as I expected, enjoyed it even though we had some convincing for him to order food to cook on the Hibachi grill instead of sushi (that's my boy).  And I can tell he was thrilled, especially with the throwing food in your mouth (mommy missed).  Emma on the other hand, was not thrilled.  You could tell from the first picture that I took with the look on her face that she was not liking all of the fire, smoke, equipment throwing, and food throwing. 

And from this point, she was out of her seat and into my lap, saying every 10 minutes "Mommy, I want to go home."   "Mommy, I'm scared!"    Poor honey.   But I kept the camera out and caught my guys enjoying themselves. 
So other than Emma freaking out, it was a lovely dinner and very good!  When the chef "Ozzy" packed up and headed to another grill, Emma loosened up a little and even decided to take a bite or two.   
Definitely so much fun and want to do again really soon....but for right now, without Emma.  

No comments:

Post a Comment