Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Percy Quinn Camping Trip

Usually I love our family camping trips.  We started, I believe, when Peyton  turned 2 and since then, it has become an almost yearly occasion.   So I was pretty excited about this coming camping trip, counting the days until I get to relax and spend valuable, quality time with my family.  However, this trip was rather rough.  The lake being "back" was not necessarily back.  It was still over grown (construction issues) which took away most of the beauty.  I was sad to see that.   Dad was sick and on antibiotics so he was not the greatest of company.  But he tried to hang, poor thing.  Angela was big and pregnant, so she was very limited on what she could do.  I had an  infected tooth plus was not feeling all that great, but I still was not feeling bad enough to let it ruin my good time. AND the worse of all was Kevin who had Tonsillitis.  Yep, Tonsillitis which included a trip to the nearest doctor, antibiotics, and isolation in the spare cabin bed room.  Yeah....good times I tell ya.  So barely no bike riding, no one had much of an appetite, and people were in different places at different times.  Not my idea of family quality time!    But I took pictures. Thank goodness for my camera that took the very rare fun moments (camp fire, smores, Dinner Bell, Angela's maternity pictures and nature) of this miserable trip.  So here they are!  Here is to next year!  Hopefully a better family experience!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment