Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Wellness Checkup

Today Emma had her 9 month wellness checkup (even though she is 10 months).  We are a little behind due to her having early on RSV, but she is slowing catching up.  My girl is 17 pounds and 24 inches long.  She still seems so tiny to me.  I keep looking back at Peyton's pictures when he was around this age and he looked so huge compared to my girl.    

Waiting for our turn, my little explorer was curious about everything in the waiting room.  Including the fish tank which she stared at the the longest time.  
So today she had only one vaccination because the other (and I can't remember which one) is in demand. According to the Dr. Li, thousands of kids are on the waiting list for this vaccination, Emma being one of them since May of this year.  All I can say is wow!   Dr. Li did try to fill that spot in with the flu shot which I told her absolutely not.   I don't particularly care for the flu shot and think it is so unnecessary.  I took only one shot for the flu and that was when I was pregnant with her because of the danger to her being a fetus, but now that she is out and healthy, we can fight the flu naturally if need be.  

After our dreaded shot with some tears we headed home for lunch and a nice walk in the beautiful weather today.  That cheer her right up!  She loves her buggy rides!
When our ride was over with, I went inside and grabbed Rio to play outside for a little while before nap time. But nap came sooner than expected because this little girl fell asleep in her swing from exhaustion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment