Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Monday, August 23, 2010

Potty Training Fun

Today I got really serious with Peyton about potty training.  I have to admit....this is a very hard job.  I think I will dream tonight of me saying for the millionith time "do you have to potty?"   AND this is just day one! Peyton is not an easy subject.  He had no interest in the potty since day one despite the fun undies, candy and car stickers I bought for bribery!!  And as many times that I have asked if he had to potty, he has asked for me to put a diaper on him.  I got him use to the idea of having the undies, now it is for him to wear them.  In the beginning he wanted to wear them but when he figured out what was required from him to use the potty, he quickly lost interest.  :)  So today we started off wearing undies from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. with me sitting him on the potty every 20 to 30 minutes, then I gave him a break from potty training.  He did pretty good today.  He sat on the potty, didn't go or anything but also did not have an accident.   Starting tomorrow we are going to start adding an half hour a day to our training.  Hopefully I will have him out of diapers in a couple of months.....well at least hopefully before his 3rd birthday. 

1 comment:

  1. Well done, it sounds like you are both doing great :O) Xx

    ReplyDelete