Welcome to the Davis Diary

Peek into our life!



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

16 Pound Ham

Peyton had his Ped visit last week and weighed at 16 pounds and 26 1/2 inches long. Our little boy is getting so big. The ped advised that in order to get Peyton to sleep through the night, I must stop the 3:00 a.m. feedings. He said that it is more out of habit than that Peyton is really hungry. He also advised me that it is time to stop rocking him at night and let him sooth himself to sleep. These were bitter-sweet words. I will miss that time together, but will not miss the 3:00 a.m. wake up cry. After I hesitated with a response, the ped told not to put these changes on him all at once, but to gradually work on this. Peyton must have understood what the doctor was saying because now we got the 3:00 feedings to around 5:00 a.m. now. But we are still having a little trouble with him soothing himself to sleep. He wants his mommy, so this is challenging not only to him but to me as well. I can't help feeling guilty when he cries and even though I am suppose to wait 15 to 20 minutes to go sooth him, I find myself back in his room every 5 to 10 minutes. But he is getting better. Or is it that I am getting better? Tonight he actually fell asleep on the floor while we were playing and I slipped him into bed. I didn't rock him right?



No comments:

Post a Comment